Skip to content
- To sign up, go to https://www.healthcare.gov/
- The Special Enrollment Period (SEP) started February 15 and ends May 15.
- It’s just like open enrollment all over again – no restrictions, no requirements, no SEP eligibility needed!
- Plans will start the first of the month after plan selection. Consumers will have 30 days after they submit their application to choose a plan.
- Some consumers may already be eligible for other existing SEPs AND, during this time, they can apply just like it’s open enrollment! No wondering how to answer those weird questions to get the SEP! No calling the call center for their approval. No documentation of a qualifying event!
- Current enrollees can change their plans and metal levels. If you want to do this, you will need to go through your application again but there are no new application questions or requirements to provide any new information. This will generate a new eligibility notice that provides the SEP before continuing on to enrollment.
- Here is a fact sheet about the signing up for open enrollment from CBPP (includes income calculations at the end).