On Tuesday, January 14, 2014, the South Carolina Legislature began what is sure to be an active session. The Legislature will address bills dealing with many Appleseed issues during the 156-day session, including:
- Health care access for all South Carolinians
- Reducing barriers to opportunity for all South Carolinians
- Ensuring all children have full access to educational opportunities, including those with special needs.
- Improving access to food for low-income South Carolinians
- Safeguarding all immigrants’ rights
Appleseed will provide regular legislative updates throughout the session to keep you informed about important bills we’re following at the State Capitol.
Here are some key dates to know for the 2013-2014 legislative session:
January 14 – First day of session, bill introduction begins
January 14 – First day of floor debate on carryover bills
June 20 – Final scheduled day of session
During the session, we will keep you informed on how you can take action on bills related to Appleseed’s key issues.