Last year was our 35th birthday and we wanted to thank you and share with you some of the accomplishments you made possible! In 2014, SC Appleseed:
- Worked to expand access to affordable healthcare: 5,332 people visited SignUpSC for reliable information about the Affordable Care Act and 260 people were educated through community presentations
- Protected immigrant youth: We worked with DSS to develop policies to ensure undocumented youth can obtain a stable legal status
- Assisted families struggling with the education system: We provided direct asssistance to 155 families by educating them on education law and policy
- Stood up for homeowners: We trained 132 judges, magistrates and attorneys on issues impacting homeowners facing foreclosure
- Helped feed hungry kids: We educated over 100 school leaders about Community Eligibility, which provides free breakfast and lunch to kids in high poverty areas.
- Filled a legal gap for Vets: Lawyers 4 Vets launched in May 2014! In just its first six months, over 600 veterans contacted our hotline and 90 attorneys committed to helping them.
There is more! We invite you to check out our full 2014 Annual Report. We can’t say it enough – YOU made this work possible with your support. Thank you for being a catalyst for change for low-income South Carolinians!