Executive Order: Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States
This order will increase the removal of undocumented immigrants by doing the following:
- Make certain immigrants a priority for deportation. Those immigrants are – ones who have been convicted of a crime, charged with a crime, committed fraud in social service programs, or ones who “pose a risk to the public”.
- Make regulations that ensure the government recovers all fines and penalties from undocumented immigrants.
- Hire an 10,000 additional immigration officers.
- Allow all state and local law enforcement agencies to have the same powers as immigration officers.
- Bar Sanctuary Jurisdictions from receiving Federal grants.
- Replace the Priority Enforcement Program with the Secure Communities system. This means more immigrants who are arrested will be a priority for deportation.
- Develop and start a program to find resources to aid in the prosecution of criminal immigration offenses.
- Create the Office for Victims of Crimes Committed by Removable Aliens housed within the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement office.
- Exclude any non-U.S. citizens from the Privacy Act.