In partnership with the Wm. Jennings Bryan Dorn VA Medical Center and local attorneys, SC Appleseed is proud to launch Lawyers 4 Vets, a pro bono legal clinic for lower-income Veterans in South Carolina.
[VOLUNTEER ATTORNEYS CAN ACCESS TRAINING MATERIALS HERE.]
Beginning on May 15th and held on the third Thursday of each month from 9:00 am-12:00 pm at the Wm. Jennings Bryan Dorn VA Medical Center in Columbia, Lawyers 4 Vets will assist veterans with:
- Obtaining identification (Social Security, ID, birth certificates)
- Child support and visitation issues
- Expungements and pardons
- Consumer protection
- Simple wills and healthcare power of attorney
Counties included in the service areas for outreach: Anderson, Florence Greenwood, Lexington, Orangeburg, Richland, Sumter, and York.
YOU CAN HELP:
Aiming to launch this summer, we are currently recruiting attorneys interested in giving back to these brave men and women who have served in our military.
- Are you an attorney who is willing to undertake representation of a veteran?
- Are you a law firm who would like information on how to “sponsor” a month at the clinic by providing a group of attorneys to volunteer?
- Are you an attorney willing to act as a subject matter expert for our volunteers who might have questions in a particular area of law?